This course forms part of the Foundation Level in every ICB Programme. It is a unique course, in that both communication and mathematics learning outcomes are covered at the same time.
Effective business communication and numeracy is essential for any business practitioner. This course focuses on written and spoken communication as well as numeracy business tools such as fractions, decimal numbers, percentages, ratios, proportions, equations, interest rates and graphs.
Institute of Certified Bookkeepers as a Quality Assurance Partner of the QCTO
• The key principles of effective business communication
• Spoken communication
• Written communication
• Work readiness
• Working with numbers: an introduction
• Working with fractions and decimal numbers
• Percentages, ratios, proportions and equations
• Using interest rates in business
• Measure, analyse and communicate workplace data
• Business communication – Putting it all together &
• Business numeracy – Putting it all together
This course is assessed by the ICB by means of a Portfolio of Evidence where you are required to complete Activities (assignments) and Evaluations (tests) and then complete a final written summative assessment (exam). Please be sure to verify that you have been registered for your assessment.
This course is a short course as part of a national qualification. Once you have completed this course and the remainder of the level you will receive a national certificate.