This course will provide students with the knowledge, understanding and skills to be successful accounts administrators in the public sector. It will also allow students opportunities to grow, develop and transform poor financial management practices in the public sector.
This course forms part of the Foundation Level in the ICB Public Sector Accounting Programme. This course and the remainder of the Foundation Level is aimed at producing public accounts administrators who are deemed to be proficient in the execution of the monthly bookkeeping function in the public sector. Finally by completing this course, ICB will provide the public sector with professionally qualified, skilled and ethical staff, which will add value and contribute to the efficiency and productivity of the South African government.
Institute of Certified Bookkeepers as a Quality Assurance Partner of the QCTO
• Introduction to income tax
• Payroll administration
• Employees’ tax
• Accounting for payroll
• Completing tax returns
• The structure of the South African public sector
• The role of the financial management system in the public sector
• Revenue as a key aspect of public financial management
• Expenditure as a key aspect of public financial management
• The legislative framework governing financial management in the public sector
• Ethics in the South African public sector
• Introduction to supply chain management
• Introduction to cash management
• Introduction to credit management
This course is assessed by the ICB by means of a Portfolio of Evidence where you are required to complete Activities (assignments) and Evaluations (tests) and then complete a final written summative assessment (exam). Please be sure to verify that you have been registered for your assessment
This course is a short course as part of a national qualification. Once you have completed this course and the remainder of the level you will receive a national certificate.