This course forms the Intermediate Level in the ICB Business Management and the ICB Entrepreneurship Programmes as well as the Foundation Level in the ICB Office Administration Programme. It looks at how the marketing and public relations functions work together to build a brand for a business. While marketing is interested in the market, consumers and demand, public relations is interested in relationships, reducing conflict and improving cooperation. Good public relations will create a healthy environment for marketing, which, in turn should create healthy profits.
Institute of Certified Bookkeepers as a Quality Assurance Partner of the QCTO
• Basic concepts in marketing management
• The internal market environment
• The external marketing environment
• Determining a marketing strategy
• Understanding ‘Product’ in the marketing mix
• Understanding ‘Place’ in the marketing mix
• Understanding 'Price' in the marketing mix
• Understanding 'Promotion' in the marketing mix
• The role of public relations and mass communication
• Integration – Formulating a strategic marketing plan
This course is assessed by the ICB by means of a Portfolio of Evidence where you are required to complete Activities (assignments) and Evaluations (tests) and then complete a final written summative assessment (exam). Please be sure to verify that you have been registered for your assessment
This course is a short course as part of a national qualification. Once you have completed this course and the remainder of the level you will receive a national certificate.